I grew up in sunny South Florida and enjoyed the beach, playing sports, and spending time outside. I attended the University of Florida where I earned a BS with honors in statistics. This is also where I met my husband and we have been happily married for 14 years! Upon graduation from the University of Florida, I was asked to give the commencement speech in the University’s basketball arena. It was an amazing experience and I was prepared to continue my education in Florida; however, I could not pass up the opportunity to attend an Ivy League university (University of Pennsylvania) on scholarship, for dental school.
I completed my orthodontic residency at the University of Missouri, Kansas City in 2008. Over the next eight years, I gained much experience as I worked as an orthodontist in a privately owned Kansas practice with a top 1% Invisalign® provider status. In 2016, we decided to relocate to Tucson, Arizona to be closer to family and escape the cold Midwest winters.
I love creating beautiful and healthy smiles that help improve patients’ self-esteem, confidence, and appearance! Our patients are amazing and I am proud to be a part of the team at Grinz Orthodontics!
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics with Honors (University of Florida): 1998-2002
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (University of Pennsylvania): 2002-2006
- Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics: 2006-2008
- 2016: Voted into topDentists database and appeared in July issue of 435 Magazine
- 2013: Published article in The Angle Orthodontist, an international journal of orthodontics
- 2012: Nominated for Kindest Kansas Citian Award
- 2006: Inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society, received George Bronkovic Service Award
- 2004: Inducted into Matthew Cryer Honor Society (ten highest ranked dental students at UPENN class of 2006), received National Boards Part I Honors
- 2002: Received University of Pennsylvania Dean’s Scholar, gave commencement speech at the University of Florida, received University of Florida Alumni Association Four-Year Scholar (4.0 GPA)
- 2000: Received Anderson Scholar for Highest Distinction
- 1998: Received Florida’s Bright Futures Scholarship
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Arizona Dental Association
- Southern Arizona Dental Society
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
When not in the office I enjoy hiking, traveling, watching college football, and spending time with my husband Erik and our three young boys Talan, Nash, and Dax.